Sunday, July 12, 2015

Nearing the End!

Hey everyone!

     
     Today is our 9th day of camp and so far its been my personal best year yet! I've been maturing relationships I made in past years as well as making many new ones along the way. Looking back, its hard to realize that we only have 3 or so days of camp left. Last I checked, it was only our 5 day of camp! Time flies when you're having fun. Yesterday we got back from our big hike. There were 3 groups for the hike; the first group would be hiking for 5 hours, the second for 3, and the third for 2. I thought I would go on the second one because it would be pretty easy. Thomas, one of the staff at camp told us we would only be ascending the mountain for 45 minutes. What we didn't know was that Thomas is military crazy, and that 45 minutes to him is like 2 hours for us. Basically we spent the day hiking upwards at a 45 degree angle having to climb with our hands because the ground was too slippery. It was rewarding however, because we got a great view from the top.
   
      Today was a pretty low key day, everyone was exhausted and just took it easy. Tonight is our night of non musical worship. The staff set up all sorts of stations where you can read Bible verses or reflect on the beauty of god in pictures. I'm preparing myself for lots of tears, because they always flow like a river. Pray that God will work in the hearts of the campers tonight. I know He is doing His work here.

--Jared

No comments:

Post a Comment